Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Japanese Literature Challenge 3




One reading challenge done. One reading challenge to start.

I know I'm crazy to join another challenge, but I decided that this was just too good to pass! Belezza of Dolce Belezza is hosting the Japanese Literature Challenge 3. The requirement to this challenge is to read one work of Japanese origin. How could I pass that up?

The time frame of this challenge is from July 31, 2009 to January 30, 2010.

Belezza also set up a site for readers to do their reviews and provided the challengers a reading list of Japanese Literature to choose from.

Need more information? Check it out!

In the past I have read and enjoyed Japanese manga. I thought joining this challenge would help me broaden my reading horizons, if there is such a thing. I've always been fascinated by Japanese culture so I think reading a Japanese literature would be wonderful. I think this is going to be fun, and I'm really excited to join.

As for my reading list challenge, I'm going to choose First Snow on Fuji by Yasunari Kawabata. It's a book of short stories. I'm thinking about choosing one more but we'll see. Schedule is tight these days.


So if you are a fan of Japanese literature or if you just want to try something new, come and join the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog you have! I'm so glad that you've joined the JLC3, and chosen First Snow on Fuji. It's a great read. I noticed in your sidebar you're reading/will read A Hiding Place. That's such a powerful book to me. Anyway, welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, dolcebellezza! Thanks for visiting! I'm already excited to read First Snow on Fuji. I appreciate your input for A Hiding Place. I have been wanting to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete