Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Kreativ Blogger Award
Woo-hoo! I have just been given a Kreativ Blogger Award by Shellie of Layers of Thought. It's so wonderful to get an award, don't you think? So what is the Kreativ Blogger Award?
The award is a meme. Here's what you do if you decide to accept it. List seven of your favorite things...and then choose seven people who deserve this. Whether it's their writing style, their background layout, or blog content, decide whatever factor or factors that make the nominees' blog creative and stand out.
So...I'll start with my 7 favorite things. You don't have to say why these are your favorites, but I just wanted to share.
1. Books, books, and more books - I can never get enough books.
2. Writing - I love, love, LOVE to write.
3. World History - Some people might groan at this, but to each his own. Heehee. :)
4. Chocolate - ice cream, cake, candy...you name it. I am a chocaholic as much as a bookaholic.
5. Mocha cappuccino - I love coffee but this is my favorite kind.
6. Fall season - I like how the leaves turn into different colors. The weather is not too hot or cold either.
7. The scent of Gain Original Scent detergent - Hands down, it is the best smelling detergent I have ever used. If it was a drug, I will probably get high on it.
Now I'm going to list the nominees. Honestly, there were so many creative blogs out there. I ended choosing eight instead of seven. I also included why I picked them.
1. Shesten of I Heart Monster.
I love her blog. Shesten titles the categories in her blog rather differently. For example, the title of her book reviews is Book Inspection. Creative? Yes, definitely.
2. Jules of Jules' Book Review.
I love the background of her blog. It's so pretty...and her layout is so organized. When I first visited her blog, I stayed there for hours. She also joined these reading challenges. I don't know how she does it but wow.
3. Sheila of One Person's Journey through a World of Books.
Sheila seems to do it all in her blog - reviews, giveaways, author interviews, and guest bloggers. There's just a wealth of information there. I think her blog is one of the coolest blogs I've ever come across upon.
4. Fantaghiro23 of Coffeespoons.
I've always liked the title of her blog. It's very original. Most of the books she's reviewed are books I've never even heard of...so it's very interesting whenever I visit her blog. I also love the heading of her blog - very cool, very hip.
5. Amy of Chic Book Reviews.
The picture of the chick is always such a nice welcome whenever I visit her blog. It's so cute with its glasses. She also hosts giveaways like Self Help Sundays and Free Fridays. Great titles and very original. What I like about her blog best is her enthusiasm...especially the way she ends every entry with, "Read on Chicks." Delightful!
6. Sumthinblue of Bookmarked!
Talk about variety! Sumthinblue reads and reviews different kinds of books and also blogs about her book adventures which makes her blog very interesting and enjoyable. When I visit her blog, there's always something new.
7. Nana of Everything Victorian.
Books, poems, even pictures - Nana blogs about anything that has to do with the Victorian Age. It's a fairly young blog, but I'm really fascinated by its content. I love the poems of the different poets she posts and pictures of the Victorian ladies she posts are so beautiful. So if you like anything or everything Victorian...give her blog a visit.
8. Peter of Kyusireader.
I've nominated Peter before for the Lemonade Award since he always has such a good attitude when he blogs. Now I'm nominating him for a second award for the creativity in his writing style and his blog subjects. This guy just never seems to run out of ideas to blog about books. I'm never bored whenever I visit his blog, and I get good laugh when he writes something hilarious.
That's it, folks. Congratulations to everyone.